In 2017, the CMI Board has given grants to a wide range of community projects — here is just a sampling:
- neighborhood concerts in Lewelling and Ardenwald neighborhoods
- Rowe Middle School Food for Success program
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training equipment for emergency preparedness drills
- artMOB MAXimum Music Happy Hour event at Milwaukie Station food cart pod
- Milwaukie “Watershed Event” film series
- Milwaukie Public Safety Foundation annual police dinner and 9K for K9 fundraiser
Some recipients receive CMI grants year after year (applications are required each year), whereas other grants are one-time for a specific project. For example, in recent years CMI has given money in support of creation of the Campbell Community Garden in the Hector Campbell neighborhood and the construction of the indoor batting facility at the MHS baseball field.
CMI was also one of the sponsors for the Sunday Parkways events in the fall of 2016 and 2017, and has provided sponsorship for the Providence Milwaukie Foundation. Every holiday season, CMI contributes to holiday food baskets for needy families in the community via the Clackamas Service Center and the Milwaukie Elks Lodge.
If you need funding for a project that you believe benefits the wider Milwaukie community, you can find the grant application here. Submit the application or any questions to the CMI Board at email@example.com