Are you looking to make some charitable contributions before the year ends? We’ve compiled the following list of Milwaukie-based nonprofit organizations, or non-profits which do much of their good works in Milwaukie, and which can provide you with a tax receipt for your contribution. Many organizations are also looking for non-cash donations of various kinds, too. We encourage you to consider putting your charitable dollars to work here at home in Milwaukie:
Organizations with an on-line portal for making contributions
- Milwaukie Public Safety Foundation: you can designate your contribution to support the K-9 unit, the spring bike giveaway, or other MPSF projects, at http://www.milwaukiepsf.org/donations.html
- Johnson Creek Watershed Council: http://jcwc.org/donate/ (donations being matched this holiday season up to a maximum of $10,000)
- New Century Players*: see http://www.newcenturyplayers.org/donate.html
- North Clackamas Education Foundation: scholarships for graduates and enrichment grants for K-12 teachers, at http://www.nc-foundation.org/support_donate.html
- Clackamas Service Center: food and other support for needy families — click the “donate” button at http://www.cscoregon.org
- Clackamas Community College Foundation*: a scholarship fund that benefits CCC students, many of whom are Milwaukie High School graduates, at https://give.clackamas.edu/2013-pages/giving/donate
- Clackamas County Arts Alliance*: details at http://clackamasartsalliance.org/donate/
- Family Dogs New Life Shelter: no-kill dog shelter just off Johnson Creek Boulevard, see http://www.familydogsnewlife.org/donating-to-family-dogs/
- Northwest Housing Alternatives: transitional and long-term housing for homeless families and individuals, see http://www.nwhousing.org/donate/donate.shtml
- Madonna’s Center: services for teen mothers, see http://www.madonnascenter.org/beta/?page_id=49
- Esther’s Pantry/Our House: services for people living with HIV/AIDs, see http://www.ourhouseofportland.org/donate/
Organizations which take contributions by check (mailed or dropped off)
- Friends of Ledding Library* — details at http://www.milwaukieoregon.gov/library/friends-library
- Milwaukie Historical Society and Museum* — mailing address at http://milwaukiehistoricalsociety.com/milwaukie-history-museum
- Milwaukie Pioneer Cemetery Association — details at http://milwpioneercem.org/Join.htm
Finally, don’t forget CMI!
We are a community-based nonprofit that supports community events like concert series as well as some of the social service and other organizations listed here. For a list of projects CMI has supported in 2014, see our Grants/Proposal Page. To help us continue and expand this work in 2017, click HERE and donate safely and securely with PayPal!
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
* — organizations marked with an asterisk may be eligible as a match for an Oregon Cultural Trust contribution, which entitles you to a tax credit (that’s better than a deduction) on your state taxes. Details at http://www.culturaltrust.org/donate